I am so happy about Curvaceously Bee turning 9 this year. I started this blog as a creative outlet. over time CBee became a brand then a business and I am still shocked. I have shared so much over the years from my weight loss surgery journey (here), the birth of my son (here), and my hair journey to locs (here).
I wanted to share 9 quick things I have learned over the years.
- Take breaks as needed. Over the past 9 years I have gotten my master’s degree, elevated in my career, and birthed a child. All of those things required time away.
- Be consistent, get your audience accumulated to seeing your content, even if it is once a week.
- Your rate is your rate, after getting over the initial shock that a brand wants to work with you, remember they found you.
- Create content that you love and stand behind.
- Have a place to house your content, ie a blog outside of social media.
- Engage with your peers. Attend events and be social.
- Share on your terms, do not feel pressured to share things you are not comfortable with sharing.
- Be consistent, because this sets you apart from everyone else.
- Enjoy the your journey and do not compare.
Style Notes: I am wearing a size 1x in this dress and it true to size. However, the quality is not there and this dress is a “one timer,” if that. This dress arrived with a hole in the back and thankfully I was refunded the same day. I did not have an alternate look and got great pictures with video.