I am so happy Curvaceously Bee is turning 10 this year. I started this blog as a creative outlet. Over time Curvaceously Bee became a brand then a business and I am forever grateful. I have shared so much of my life over the years from my weight loss surgery journey, the birth of my son, and my hair journey to locs.
I wanted to share 10 quick things I have learned over the years.
- Take breaks as needed. Over the past 10 years I have gotten my master’s degree, elevated in my career, and birthed a child. All of those things required time away.
- Be consistent, get your audience accumulated to seeing your content, even if it is once a week.
- Your rate is your rate, after getting over the initial shock that a brand wants to work with you, remember they found you.
- Create content that you love and stand behind.
- Have a place to house your content, ie a blog outside of social media or a website.
- Engage with your peers. Attend events and be social.
- Share on your terms, do not feel pressured to share things you are not comfortable with sharing.
- Be consistent, because this sets you apart from everyone else.
- Enjoy the your journey and do not compare.
- Be you!